Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

We had a wedding in the family! So I took a little break from painting for a while, I had started this piece before the events and it is now time to finish it up. It is a smaller piece, 16x8. I have many different birds at my feeders right now and the Black Capped Chickadee is one of them.
They are nesting in one of the trees in our back yard again this year which makes me very happy!
They are very shy about having their pictures taken so it is a bit challenging to get reference material but I did manage to get this great shot of one.
I am excited to return to this piece and also to the Pintail and Bald Eagle pieces that I started recently.

No comments: