Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Still making progress on the Eagle piece. Did a little bit more on the head today, it is nice to finally have a head on this beautiful bird! The underpainting is very important, especially when the area to be painted is white. If I just lay down a layer of white it looks very flat. the underpainting gives it depth and dimension. Not finished yet, but getting there.
Now I have to decide what to have the Eagle standing on. I want to work a little more on the eye and beak as well.

No comments: