Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Making progress on the Coyote piece. Besides being an artist I also work part time as a Veterinary Technician. It is interesting how that job assists my work as an artist.
I strive for accuracy in my subjects, both in physical form and in personality and working with animals everyday helps me do that.
I do everything that a human nurse does, only I do it with animals! I am very familiar with the bone structure, muscles and anatomy of dogs, cats, horses, cows etc. etc. and that helps me so much in my art work.
I am pleased with the way this piece is coming together, I have 95% decided that it will be a night scene and I have already decided what the bird reference will be. Stay tuned for that!

No comments: