Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The bald eagle finally has something to stand on! The composition still needs to remain simple on this piece so I don't want to over do this part, but it needs to match the feel of the piece as well.
I want to convey the feeling that the eagle is very high, so just the sky will be the back ground. But the rock needs to feel supported as well.
I am getting anxious for this piece to be complete but I need to let the under painting dry before I can continue..........patience.

No comments: