Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I was able to get a little more done on the Coyote today, it is slow going on this one as I want the texture of the fur to be just right. Some artists paint every hair, and that is great.....I am not one of those artists. I want to give the impression of the coat without having to paint every hair.
The lighting on this piece is tricky as well, keeping the shadows where they need to be and balancing light and dark. I have decided that birds are much easier to paint than mammals. But I love the challenge.
Still deciding on the setting and time of day for this piece. I think about things like that while I am painting the main subject. At the rate this one is going I should have lots of time to decide.

No comments: