Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Common Raven is the subject of my latest painting. When I was painting the swan picture I mentioned how hard painting a white bird is......then I painted a black bird! It is difficult, challenging and VERY fun. I know I say I love a lot of birds and animals, and I do, but here it goes...I love Ravens! Fascinating animals, absolutely brilliant, both intellectually and physically.
Stay tuned for the rest of this piece!

No comments: