Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I was able to work on a new piece today. It isn't very big, 8"X14", but it turned out quite nicely.
The original drawing was for an 8X24 piece with two other bull elk, but it just wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. I almost threw the whole thing in the garbage can! After taking a closer look at this particular Elk I decided I could make it work. It came together very well and everything clicked.
I now have to decide how to implement my trademark bird subject into this piece and it will be done.
"Prime Time" Oil on hardboard

No comments: