Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On a recent trip to Grand Teton National Park we were able to study and photograph a number of Trumpeter Swans, and I knew I had to come home and do another painting of these magnificent birds.
This is the beginning of that painting. I was lucky enough to get some photographs of them, in great lighting, as they were participating in courtship displays. I have enough reference material to last for a while. I used two of these photographs for this piece.
The background will be quite light in this painting, and as usual I am not entirely sure what the background will be like, but I am excited to find out!

No comments: