Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This has been an challenging piece to work on, I decided to change things quite a bit! I removed the buffalo, and changed the rock formation. I am much happier with it now. I want the raven to "steal the show" in this piece. I will have at least one other raven somewhere in the painting but I haven't decided just where yet.
It's interesting that when I work on paintings such as this, there is a mood that starts to emerge. I can hear the call of the raven while I paint, (hopefully that doesn't sound too weird) and that call creates the mood for the piece. I have a number of different ideas in mind for the title of this piece as well. Stay tuned.

No comments: