Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Here is another piece I am currently working on, it is of a Cottontail. It is a larger piece and I am still trying to decide how it will all come together. I may cut it down a bit and just have the rabbit be the major focus of the painting.

I love backlit subjects, for example, the light coming through the ears, things like this fascinate me and excite me. It is fun achieving this look with paint.

I have lost my painting buddy, my wonderful dog Gracie, she developed lymphoma and became very ill the first of February, I had her put down on February 2nd. I am having a hard time being in my studio without her. I didn't realize how much it affected me to have her in there. She was the perfect companion and I miss her greatly. Someday I will paint her.........

No comments: