Welcome to The Art of Nature

My subject matter is mainly wildlife. Occasionally I will also paint western/native american pieces. I work in oils. It is my intention with this blog to keep viewers updated on new pieces, post examples of my inspiration and occasionally show a new painting from start to finish! Just a reminder...All paintings, photographs of paintings and photographed images are protected by copyright. - Kathryn Ashcroft

Followers

WILLOW VALLEY FINE ART-THE ART OF KATHRYN ASHCROFT

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

For more information visit http://www.kathyashcroft.com/ or contact me at kathrynashcroft@ymail.com

Saturday, April 13, 2013

4-13-13 In The Studio

It was a cold, rainy day today. I had planned on doing some yard work but decided it was a day better spent in the studio. I started this piece of a Tree Swallow. 
Such an elegant and graceful bird, and so much fun to paint. The colors are amazing.
I did keep the window of my studio open so that I could listen to the rain outside and the wind blowing the wind chimes. 
Although I didn't get anything done outside it was still a very productive day. Not only did I start this piece but I completed two other pieces as well!
                                                                                                              


No comments: